Do you need a cleaner or a housekeeper?
Despite the fact that the two terms, housekeeper and cleaner are often used interchangeably, they do not refer to the same profession. The similarities are quite quickly apparent, so in this article we will discuss the differences, which are crucial in differentiating the two.
One of the biggest differences between a cleaner and a housekeeper is, the period, of employment. Will they work on a regular schedule – or maybe even live in your home – or will they only come by on an as-needed basis to do deep cleaning and heavy lifting?
In other words, a cleaner is someone you call when you have a big job coming up and want it done quickly or by professionals. For example, you want to move and leave your house in pristine condition or find a new one in such, for that a cleaner is definitely the first choice.
It can be a single cleaner or a cleaning service where a team of people comes and cleans. In any case, a lot of work is done in a short period of time without any regularity, you just call them when you need them again.
Tasks for a cleaner would be:
- Thorough cleaning of entire kitchens, including cabinets and drawers, interior and exterior of appliances, countertops, sinks, light switch covers, interior and exterior of ovens and microwaves,
- Vacuuming and mopping, cleaning tables and chairs.
- Scrubbing and deep cleaning of countertops, sinks, interior and exterior walls, tubs, toilets, floors
- Scrubbing, polishing and disinfecting bathrooms, toilets, tubs, showers, sinks, chrome, brass, stainless steel and drains
- Dusting baseboards, doors, picture frames, light fixtures, cabinet and furniture surfaces
- Cleaning windows and window sills
- Vacuuming or steam cleaning of upholstery and carpets
- Vacuuming, mopping and sealing all types of floors
At Good Cleaners Finder you will find high quality and handpicked cleaners in Switzerland, in Basel, Bern, Geneva, Lausanne, Luzern, Zug, Zurich, and everywhere else. Find a cleaning service near you and book today.
A housekeeper, on the other hand, is someone who either comes to your home on a regular basis, typically 4-6 times a week, maybe even lives in your home or on the premises, and works a 35 to 40 hour week, as if employed in an office or similar.
They will take care of everything that comes up on a day to day basis; making beds, doing laundry, washing dishes and keeping things tidy, basically like an assistant of sorts, taking care of all the tedious day to day things.
Tasks for a housekeeper are:
- Dusting, sweeping and mopping.
- Washing, folding and ironing clothes
- Washing, drying and putting away dishes
- Making beds and changing bed linens
- Replenishing supplies of personal care products, toilet paper, etc.
- Picking up toys and clutter
- General organizing
- Running errands
- Grocery shopping
- Preparing healthy meals
- Walking and taking care of pets
- Waste disposal and recycling
Now that we’ve outlined the differences: Do you need a cleaner or a housekeeper? Contact Good Cleaners Finder and find your perfect solution in Switzerland.